Term's and Conditions
Everything we do is driven by you
Term's and Conditions
BOOKING: To confirm a booking, a deposit of 25% must be paid or a minimum of £19.99- whichever is greater. This deposit is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled. For booking commencing within 5 working days, full payment will be taken.
- LATE RETURN: If vehicles are returned late, you will incur a charge of £32.99 for every hour late, until the daily rate is exceeded.
- SUNDAY HIRE & BANK HOLIDAYS: Closed
- FUEL: Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as when collected. Failure to do so will incur the cost of additional fuel of £4.20 per litre, plus an additional £32.99
- DRIVING LICENCE: All drivers must produce a full driving licence held for longer than two years, a Driving Licence Share code, found here (https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) and have not more than six endorsement points.
- AGE LIMITS: Minimum age is 21 years. A vehicle over 3500kgs GVW minimum age is 25 years. Maximum age is 75 years (subject to licence restrictions).
- MOTORING OFFENCE, FINES & CONGESTION CHARGES: will be charged to the hirer with a £32.99 administration charge.
- ADDITIONAL DRIVERS: For each additional driver will be charged £15 per additional driver per day.
- The mileage for any vehicle on a 1-2 days rent is unlimited.
- The mileage for any vehicle on a 3-7 days rent is capped at 500 miles in total (excess is 15p +VAT per mile).
- The mileage for any vehicle on an 8+ days rent is capped at 100 miles per day (excess is 15p +VAT per mile)
- COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE COVER is included with an excess applying. You can lower the excess by accepting the Collision Damage Wavier, insurance.
- FOREIGN TRAVEL: Is not Allowed
- NEGLIGENT DAMAGE: Tyres, punctures, blowouts, glass and condition of the vehicle including over-cab damage is the responsibility of the hirer.
- CANCELLATION CHARGES: 25% Non-returnable deposit. Bookings cancelled within a week of the start time will be penalised 50% of the hire value. If cancelled within two days, the penalty is 75% of the hire value. Cancelled on the start day or non-show will incur the full hire charge. (Max. £399.00).
- Early Returns: Returning your vehicle early you will NOT be refunded for any unused days.
- PAYMENT TERMS: By credit or debit card only.
- RATES include hire, comprehensive insurance cover, relay cover and VAT.
- PETS: No Pets are allowed in any of our vehicles Valeting cost for this is charged at a minimum £80
- Valeting: All vehicles should be returned back in the same condition they collected at, otherwise you could incur valeting charges up to £80.
- Smoking: Smoking or Vaping is not allowed in any of our vehicles Valeting cost for this is minimum £80.
- Eating and drinking: Any evidence of eating or drinking in our vehicles could cost you a minimum of £80. Any damage to electrical components due to liquid damage is full cost.
- OPENING HOURS:
- Monday to Friday- 07:30 – 17:00
- Saturday mornings- 08:00- 10:00
- Sunday – Closed
- Bank Holidays- Closed
- In this Agreement the following terms shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned them.
The person named as such overleaf.
The sum specified overleaf as the excess amount.
The Hirer and/or other person named as such overleaf or any other person specifically approved by the Lessor to drive the vehicle during the duration of this agreement
Excess Waiver Fee:
A fee calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff which limits the Hirer’s liability to pay The excess amount to the amount of the non- waivable excess.
The original vehicle described overleaf or any replacement vehicle The spare wheel, tools and other items with which the vehicle is supplied and any replacement thereof
Non Waivable Excess:
The hirer’s liability will be limited to the amount of the non-waivable excess if Excess Waiver is purchased in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff or is part of an inclusive tariff rate offered by the Lessor.
The period from the date and time out stated overleaf until the re-delivery of the vehicle into the physical custody of the Lessor.
Personal,Accident, Personal Effects & Goods in Transit Insurance Fees:
Fees which entitle the Hirer to the benefits of the cover set out in the master policies issued to the Lessor.
The hire charges for the rental period calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff.
The Lessor’s tariff current at the commencement of hire.
A surcharge which is added to the cost of the amount of ‘Top-Up’ fuel needed when the vehicle is returned to the Lessor. Calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff.
The Insurance Policy:
The Lessor’s policy of insurance on the vehicle a copy of which is available for inspection at the rental location.
- The Hirer acknowledges that:
(a) the vehicle is fit for their purpose and undertakes to return it and its accessories to the place and on the date due back specified overleaf; (b) they have received the vehicle free from apparent defects or damage (except as indicated ); (c) the Lessor has no liability in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the vehicle, nor shall the Lessor be liable for any indirect loss or damage, or, in the case of consumers, damage which was not foreseeable by both parties; (d) the Lessor shall not be liable for damages arising from defects or mechanical failures which are not attributable to any breech of the manufacturer’s warranty or any warranty implied by law to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill.
- During the rental period the Hirer shall keep the vehicle and its accessories in his or any approved driver’s possession and free from legal process or lien and when not in use adequately protected and secured.
- The Hirer and any driver shall ensure that the vehicle will not be used:
(a) for hire or reward, the carriage of goods in connection with trade or business if over 3.5 tonne gross plated weight. (b) for racing, pacemaking, rallying, speed testing, driving tuition or similar purposes or for propelling or towing any vehicle, trailer or other object. (c) in any manner which might render void the insurance policy, or other contract of insurance. (d) for any illegal purpose or in contravention of any legislation affecting the vehicle, its use or construction. (e) by any person who: (i) is not licensed to drive the vehicle. (ii) is less than 25 years of age (21 subject to approval) or over 75. (iii) is under the influence of drink or drugs. (iv) has given a fictitious name or address. (v) has not been approved by the Lessor as a driver. (vi) has been convicted of a motoring offence the details of which have not been disclosed in writing to the Lessor at the commencement of the hire. (f) outside England, Wales or Scotland without prior written consent of the Lessor.
- The Hirer agrees to pay on demand:
(a) rental charges, any account not having been paid within 28 days of invoice date will result in the hire contract being terminated and legal action taken to recover all amounts due. (b) any appropriate Excess Waiver or Personal Accident, Personal Effects or Goods in Transit insurance fees, and any Refuelling and miscellaneous charges. (c) the excess amount in respect of each incident resulting to or loss of the vehicle, its accessories or any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle. The full cost of uninsured damage to, or loss of the vehicle. (d) all fines and court costs incurred in relation to the vehicle by the Hirer or Lessor from the commencement of the rental until the vehicle is returned to the Lessor, except where caused through the fault of the Lessor. (e) any Valued Added Tax, local or other taxes payable in respect of any of the above.
- The Hirer shall compensate the Lessor in full on demand for any loss it suffers as a result of any damage, fire or theft to or of the vehicle including loss of revenue to the Lessor for the period during which the vehicle shall remain unavailable for rental by reason of such matters and any claims made by any persons in respect of the vehicle whilst it is in the Hirer’s custody. Should the vehicle be deemed to be beyond economical repair, or stolen and not recovered, the hire charge will continue until settlement in full is received. This clause applies whether you have insurance or not.
- The Hirer and any driver shall:
(a) ensure compliance with the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance policy, which shall be deemed to be included in this agreement as if the same were fully set out herein. (b) inform the Lessor immediately of any loss or damage to or fault developing in the vehicle. (c) at the request and cost of the Lessor permit to be done in his own name all acts and things as may be reasonably required by the Lessor for the purposes of repairing the vehicle or enforcing any rights or remedies or of obtaining relief from other parties in respect of any loss or damage to or in connection with the vehicle or its accessories. (d) indemnify the Lessor against any loss incurred by reason of any breach of this Agreement by the Hirer or any driver. (e) ensure that the maximum payload and individual axle plated weights are not exceeded. (f) be responsible for the loading and unloading of the vehicle. (g) obtain or maintain any necessary operator’s licence.
- The Hirer and any driver shall not:
(a) without prior consent of the Lessor incur any liability for repairs to the vehicle in excess of £25. (b) be the agent or servant of the Lessor for any purpose. (c) make any claim for loss of or damage to any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle unless due to our negligence.
- Even if an excess waiver fee is paid, the Hirer shall be responsible for the payment of any excess amount where the loss of or damage to the vehicle or its accessories arises from the negligent or wilful action of the Hirer or any driver. This cover shall not extend to any damage caused to any glass incorporated into the vehicle, its tyres or damage occurring above or resulting wholly or partially from damage above the roof of the cab. Loss of revenue billing will be charged where necessary, whilst the vehicle is under repair.
- The period of hire as specified overleaf shall not be extended without the Lessor’s express authorisation in writing and in any event the period of this Agreement shall not exceed 90 days.
- HGV Driving Licence is required for all vehicles over 7.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight. HGV Driving Licences MUST be accompanied by a current and valid ordinary driving licence.
- If the Hirer does not comply with any of these conditions, he shall return the vehicle to the Lessor immediately and pay to the Lessor on demand any loss it suffers in respect of the Hirer’s noncompliance, failing which the Lessor shall be at liberty to retake possession of the vehicle and you hereby authorise us to enter onto your property to do so. All costs and expenses incidental to recovery of the vehicle shall be repaid by the Hirer to the Lessor on demand.
- Any addition to or alteration of the terms and conditions of this Agreement should be agreed in writing by the parties.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict the Lessor’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or any other liability of the Lessor which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE PART OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT.